[gridengine users] Execute process out of GE

Yago Fernández Pinilla yagofp8 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 22:58:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank you Reuti for all the help that you give
to everyone here.

And related with your question, I understand that that should be the
behaviour of the queue system, and the way it should be so everything works
as expected. But in this case i need this process for certain kinds of jobs
and in the moment that the fist ones exits the second one will do some
things and then exit.
I checked other possibilities as modifying the terminate script and others
but that means that I have to configure many things and I would like to
keep the system as simple as possible.

Yago

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 5:53 PM, Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 06.11.2014 um 14:33 schrieb Yago Fernández Pinilla:
>
> > The thing is that I need to start a process when starting a job in a
> node and this process should continue executing after the job has been
> killed.
>
> Can you outline the reason for this setup? Purpose of the queuing system
> is to provide free resources to jobs, which can't be guaranteed if you want
> to keep some kind of background daemon of your job alive after the job has
> finished already.
>
> -- Reuti
>

> > The idea is that when a job starts is launches another process and after
> the job has died, it will exit automatically.
> >
> > The problem that i have is that everytime you do a qdel to the job all
> the processes start within that job are killed(also the one that I don´t
> want to).
> >
> > How is possible to do that?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Yago