[gridengine users] Host priority in a single queue

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Nov 13 13:28:29 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am 13.11.2014 um 13:38 schrieb Kevin Taylor:

> If I have a single queue with a bunch of variety of machines in it, is there a way to prioritize which hosts will get jobs sent to them first? Maybe there's one that's slightly faster and if it's free, send the job to it before going to one of the other free slower nodes?

You can give different "seq_no" for different machine in the queue configuration:

$ qconf -sq all.q
seq_no                0,[@slower=100],[node23=105]

and tell the scheduler to sort by load:

$ qconf -ssconf
queue_sort_method                 seqno

The order of lines in the `qstat` output will change accordingly.

-- Reuti

PS: This won't work for parallel job though.