[gridengine users] SGE departments with type "ACL DEPT"; policy set to OF

John Desantis desantis at mail.usf.edu
Wed Oct 15 20:01:27 UTC 2014

Reuti,

>> These users do belong to several userset lists each with a type
>> defined as "ACL DEPT".  From what I've read, users can only belong to
>> 1 department but multiple ACL's.
>
> You refer to this sentence from the man page?

I was reading from the SGE N1 admin guide, too.

"Departments are used for the configuration of the functional policy
and the override
policy. Departments differ from access lists in that a user can be a
member of only one
department, whereas one user can be included in multiple access lists. "

Is there anything special one should know (not explained in the
documentation) when using the userset list type "ACL DEPT"?

Thanks,
John DeSantis