[gridengine users] Migrating from sge 6.2u5 to 8.1.7

Stuart Barkley stuartb at 4gh.net
Sun Oct 26 05:16:34 UTC 2014

Picking a somewhat random message from a slightly old thread to follow
up on...

We have been successfully running 8.1.7 on a newly built cluster.

Now it is getting close to time to migrate our older 356 node cluster
over to SoGE and I'm fairly nervous about doing the conversion.

What sort of expected compatibility (if any) is there between SGE
6.2u5 and SoGE 8.1.7 between execd and qmaster?

Is it possible to run new execd nodes with the old qmaster?

Is it possible to run old execd nodes with the new qmaster?

Either of these would allow for a more graceful transition to SoGE.

There is no shared grid engine installation involved to complicate
things.  qmaster is stateful but the compute nodes are all stateless
disk images.

Thanks,
Stuart
--
I've never been lost; I was once bewildered for three days, but never lost!
                                        --  Daniel Boone