[gridengine users] Suspend jobs with the intent of running other jobs in their place

Paul Jewell [Rudraya] pjewell at rudraya.com
Mon Sep 22 14:01:31 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am trying to fix a situation in which many long running jobs are being ran on the grid and another job which is a higher priority needs to be ran immediately. The issue I am running into is the operation of the "suspend" function in the gridengine "qmod" command. It seems that by suspending a job with -sj <job> the job will change to a "s" stats, but will continue to sit on the  queue for the node instead of letting other jobs that are waiting to start begin. Is this the intended behavior? How can I suspend jobs to allow other jobs to run in their place, or is it required to delete them completely?

Thank you and have an awesome day,

-Paul