[gridengine users] resource quota per group

Sangmin Park dorimosiada at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 11:25:26 UTC 2015

Hello,

I just wandering how to configure resource quota for each group.

For instance,
limit users a1, a2, b1, b2 hosts * to slots=10
means total available core to a1, a2, b1, b2 is 10.
If I put a brace for users like {a1, a2, b1, b2}, it means each user can
not use 10 cores.

I make groups for users,
AA group is consist of a1, a2. BB group is consist of b1, b2.
I want to limit resource per group. I mean each group can take maximum 10
cores.

For this, how do I have to write it?

If I write like "limit users @AA, @BB hosts * to slots=10",
I think total available core for each group is 10, right?
If I put a brace like "limit users {@AA, at BB} hosts * to slots=10",
I think it is same as "limit users {a1, a2, b1, b2} hosts * to slots=10",
right?

I want to give same available cores number each group regardless of the
number of member in a group.

Any Idea?

--Sangmin