[gridengine users] best way to start new exechost in disabled (d) state during template driven install?

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Apr 8 21:37:44 UTC 2015

Been a while since I needed this so I'm being lazy and asking the list
first, heh ...

We are doing some elastic grid engine building in Amazon using methods
other than the StarCluster suite due to some unique scaling and security
requirements.

I recall from memory that there was a way to configure "default queue
instance state" such that new nodes came into the grid in disabled state
. This would allow us to complete our provisioning and config management
work and avoid the race condition where the new exechost joins the
cluster and starts trying to take jobs before it is 100% configured.

Is there a way in the autoinstall template to set exechost state? Am I
imagining things that this used to be a feature? Or is this perhaps a
global qmaster setting instead?

Thanks!

Chris