[gridengine users] how create and monitor a new consumable?

Marlies Hankel m.hankel at uq.edu.au
Fri Apr 10 04:05:11 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I am using OGS/Grid Engine 2011.11 as installed under ROCKS 6..1.1.

We have a global storage which hosts all home directories and which also
has a large space which I would like to use as scratch space for jobs.
As the storage is faster and so much bigger than the small local disk I
would like $TMPDIR to default to /scratch. It will also help with some
of our MPI applications that need global scratch space.

I know I can set the tmp directory to /scratch but I would also like to
have the space as a consumable complex that can be requested by the
users if scratch space is needed. I also would like jobs to be killed if
they go over the requested amount.

I can set up a complex named scratch and make this consumable but how to
I make sure that jobs do not go over the requested amount? Or is there
already a complex that would do this I could use?

Thanks in advance

Marlies

--

------------------

Dr. Marlies Hankel
Research Fellow, Theory and Computation Group
Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (Bldg 75)
eResearch Analyst, Research Computing Centre and Queensland Cyber Infrastructure Foundation
The University of Queensland
Qld 4072, Brisbane, Australia
Tel: +61 7 334 63996 | Fax: +61 7 334 63992 | mobile:0404262445
Email: m.hankel at uq.edu.au | www.theory-computation.uq.edu.au

Notice: If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please notify me,
and do not make any use of its contents. I do not waive any
privilege, confidentiality or copyright associated with it. Unless
stated otherwise, this e-mail represents only the views of the
Sender and not the views of The University of Queensland.