[gridengine users] default value in complex cannot be changed via a user request

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Apr 10 09:43:31 UTC 2015

> Am 10.04.2015 um 05:59 schrieb Marlies Hankel <m.hankel at uq.edu.au>:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I ran into some trouble with the default value of h_vmem. I set to be consumable=yes and also set a default value of 1G. When I submitted a job asking for example for 10 slots with 1G per lost the job crashed with an error in the queue logs saying that the h_vmem needed by the job (around 3G) was over the hard limit of the queue (local host instance) of 1G. I would have thought that the request of 1G per slot, so 10G in total would override this and give enough memory for the job.
>
> Setting the default value to 6G resolved the problem,

You refer to the setting on a queue level? This is the limit per process. There is also a column for the default value in the complex definition for each consumable complex. This can be set to 1G and users can override it, as long as they stay below the limit on a queue (or exechost) level.

-- Reuti