[gridengine users] default value in complex cannot be changed via a user request

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Apr 10 11:05:53 UTC 2015

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 03:59:25 +0000
Marlies Hankel <m.hankel at uq.edu.au> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I ran into some trouble with the default value of h_vmem. I set to be
> consumable=yes and also set a default value of 1G. When I submitted a

What do you mean by default here?  Do you mean the default column in
the complex configuration (qconf -sc), something in sge_request  or
something else?

> job asking for example for 10 slots with 1G per lost the job crashed
> with an error in the queue logs saying that the h_vmem needed by the
> job (around 3G) was over the hard limit of the queue (local host
> instance) of 1G. I would have thought that the request of 1G per

The exact message would be helpful.

> slot, so 10G in total would override this and give enough memory for
> the job.

What do you have in the complex_values entries for h_vmem in the
hosts/queues in which it ran?  How about the h_vmem entry in the queue
configuration?

William