[gridengine users] SGE - Scheduler configuration to accept jobs for specific hosts when all other hosts are full

Yuri Burmachenko yuribu at mellanox.com
Wed Apr 15 14:15:22 UTC 2015

Hallo to distinguished forum members,

We are interested to make a special configuration for SGE scheduler.

Let's assume we have a pool of 100 execution hosts.
We want to make 96x execution hosts to accept all jobs as usual while remaining 4x should receive jobs only after all other execution hosts are full.

Any tips on implementation will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.

Yuri Burmachenko | Sr. Engineer | IT | Mellanox Technologies Ltd.
Work: +972 74 7236386 | Cell +972 54 7542188 |Fax: +972 4 959 3245
Follow us on Twitter<http://twitter.com/mellanoxtech> and Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mellanox-Technologies/223164879116>