[gridengine users] Undocumented Feature of load sensors

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Apr 16 11:12:28 UTC 2015

It appears that you can have load sensors report values for individual hosts other than the one on which it runs.  I've tested this by having a load sensor run on one host report different values for two different hosts and used qhost -F to verify that gridengine reports them.

The possibility of doing this is implied by the format of load sensor reports but I've never seen it explicitly documented as possible or used elsewhere.

Being able to use this would simplify certain aspects of the configuration of our production cluster so it would be useful to know if this is intended behavior
and therefore something I can rely on or an implementation quirk.

Opinions?

--
William Hay <w.hay at ucl.ac.uk>