[gridengine users] Undocumented Feature of load sensors

Fritz Ferstl fferstl at univa.com
Thu Apr 16 15:15:36 UTC 2015

It is certainly an intended feature, William. Always was since load
sensor were introduced in the late 90s.

The thought behind it was that you might have central system management
services which maintain host level information. You can then put the
load sensor on the system management server instead of having 1000s of
hosts query it. But you can use it for other stuff as well, of course.

Cheers,

Fritz