[gridengine users] sanity check on usage of "-p" priority value: per-user effect or global across waitlist?

Fritz Ferstl fferstl at univa.com
Thu Apr 30 16:54:59 UTC 2015

Nah, the weight_priority won't help. It just determines how much
influence the -p has vs things like job wait time or urgency. If you
have none of those then all being equal it would have the same effect as
if you left it untouched. And if you have influence from waiting time or
urgency or others then setting the prio weight low would make it just
totally insignificant.

Cheers,

Fritz