[gridengine users] sanity check on usage of "-p" priority value: per-user effect or global across waitlist?

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Apr 30 16:58:26 UTC 2015

Yep I think we are going to try this and monitor it. Gut feeling is that
the fairshare by user policy has so much more impact/weight on the
global job waitlist that if we just have a single user doing stuff with
"-p -10" and "-p -1"  to distinguish between her own jobs it might
actually do close to what we want without taking too much of a global hit

Thanks all!

Chris