[gridengine users] Problem when using priorities

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Feb 24 13:36:50 UTC 2015

Am 24.02.2015 um 14:22 schrieb Jerome Poitout <network.admin at dolphin.fr>:

> Le 24/02/2015 13:46, Reuti a écrit :
>> Am 24.02.2015 um 10:23 schrieb Jerome Poitout <network.admin at dolphin.fr>:
>>> I can't get it work.
>> You mean to switch off the repriorization? What is the output of:
> No that's OK for that point. I switched off the repriorization using
> qmon - I read this part of the manual ;)
> What I'm trying to do in fact, is to change the priority of waiting jobs
> in queue depending on how the users have use the CPU before...
> I'm not sure to be clear enough.

Then you need a Share-Tree policy. E.g. here:

http://bioteam.net/dag/sge6-funct-share-dept.html

Important is to create the users with `qconf -auser` as these entities hold the past usage of a user.

The man page "share_tree" is indeed a little bit condensed. But it's also included in the former manual with examples IIRC.