[gridengine users] [SGE-discuss] sge in Fedora/EPEL7

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Feb 25 13:46:14 UTC 2015

Orion Poplawski <orion at cora.nwra.com> writes:

> This would be fairly manual, something like:
>
> - Backup /usr/share/gridengine, /var/spool/gridengine/<cell>
> - use yum swap/shell to replace the gridengine-* packages with sge-* packages
> - Move the old /usr/share/gridengine/, /var/spool/gridengine/<cell> files into
> /usr/share/sge, /var/spool/sge/<cell>

Why wouldn't the normal backup-restore procedure work?  At least with a
vanilla sge 6.2u5, you should be able to do a live upgrade.  I don't
know if the hacked memory reporting in OGS breaks that.

Note that I had to add an epoch to the spec file I use to allow
installation on Fedora, but I can't remember why off-hand.