[gridengine users] SGE deos not support multi cluster function?

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jan 5 10:21:07 UTC 2015

On Fri, 26 Dec 2014 02:15:42 +0000
Sangmin Park <dorimosiada at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I manage several hpc machines in my site.
> Each machine consists of master node and computing nodes.
> User can access master nodes of each machine via login node, but can not access computing nodes directly from the login node.
>
> SGE is installed in each machine.On each machine, all SGE command operates correctly, whereas on the login node, it does not work. When I typed 'qstat' command in login node, cursor is waiting without any kind of output forever. Of course, SGE is installed in login node, too.
>
> Is there method I can submit a job from login node to hpc machine?
> Is it possible?
The qstat command should either work or let you know the node isn't an admin/submit node.

A simpler test might be to try the qping command to check basic connectivity
to the qmaster.

It might be a routing issue.  Around here our login nodes are dual homed.
Possibly the login nodes are trying to access the qmaster via the external
interface for some reason.

--
William Hay <w.hay at ucl.ac.uk>