[gridengine users] How to overwrite instead of append to output?

Amos Anderson amos.anderson at protabit.com
Wed Jan 14 00:03:32 UTC 2015

Hi --

I'm trying to set up a StarCluster system which uses Open Grid Scheduler OGS/GE 2011.11p1. When I run a submission script like this:

    #!/bin/bash
    #$ -N jobname
    #$ -o jobname.out
    #$ -j y
    #$ -S /bin/bash
    #$ -V
    #$ -cwd
    #$ -l h_cpu=1:0:00
    #$ -l mem_free=2000M

output is being appended to `jobname.out` instead of overwriting the file. I would have expected the file `jobname.out` to be overwritten because that's the behavior I'm used to from torque PBS scripts (and LSF although I can't verify that easily at the moment). Regardless, I can't find any discussion of this in the documentation for `qsub`. The only help I found is [ancient][1], and it suggests manually putting something in the queue prolog. Is that still the easiest approach?

Thanks!

  [1]: https://arc.liv.ac.uk/pipermail/gridengine-users/2006-August/011257.html