[gridengine users] Epilog to print out usage summary?

James Abbott j.abbott at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jan 23 08:23:46 UTC 2015

Do you rotate your accounting file at all? qacct performance suffers
badly when the accounting file gets too big. I  drop a file containing
the following into /etc/logrotate.d on the qmaster (replacing the path
to the accounting file to it's location on the system...) :

/opt/sge/current/bss/common/accounting {
     compress
     nocreate
     dateext
     delaycompress
     ifempty
     # keep logs essentually "forever"
     rotate 5000
     monthly
}

which gives me a date-stamped, gzipped monthly accounting file, so qacct
continues to perform in a sensible way.

James

On 23/01/15 01:55, David Chin wrote:
> Dear GE users:
>
> Is it possible to have an epilog script which prints a summary of
> resource usage (wallclock time, mem, cpu-seconds)?
>
> I have tried an epilog bash script which calls qacct, but it took a
> long time to generate that output.
>
> Thanks,
>     Dave Chin
>
> --