[gridengine users] Epilog to print out usage summary?

Jesse Becker beckerje at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jan 23 10:41:03 UTC 2015

Perhaps not a new thought, but a simple DBM (or NoSQL I suppose) database
to store job accounting information could work really well here.  I'm not
suggesting that SGE do that natively (although that'd be cool too),
but a simple script to post-process the logs as they come in could work
really well.

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 08:23:46AM +0000, James Abbott wrote:
>Do you rotate your accounting file at all? qacct performance suffers
>badly when the accounting file gets too big. I  drop a file containing
>the following into /etc/logrotate.d on the qmaster (replacing the path
>to the accounting file to it's location on the system...) :
>
>/opt/sge/current/bss/common/accounting {
>    compress
>    nocreate
>    dateext
>    delaycompress
>    ifempty
>    # keep logs essentually "forever"
>    rotate 5000
>    monthly
>}
>
>which gives me a date-stamped, gzipped monthly accounting file, so
>qacct continues to perform in a sensible way.
>
>James
>
>On 23/01/15 01:55, David Chin wrote:
>>Dear GE users:
>>
>>Is it possible to have an epilog script which prints a summary of
>>resource usage (wallclock time, mem, cpu-seconds)?
>>
>>I have tried an epilog bash script which calls qacct, but it took a
>>long time to generate that output.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>    Dave Chin
>>
>>--