[gridengine users] Error: job is not allowed to run in any queue

John Lilley johnbot at syntaxerror.io
Tue Jul 28 17:38:24 UTC 2015

Hi William,

Yeah, I tried that and it appeared to have no effect on the error
received. I did a -w e to see if it prevented the job from running in
order to test if the command line parameters were even being read in and
it looks like they are as the job was not allowed to run.

[johnbot at ip-172-31-3-22 ~]$ qhost
HOSTNAME                ARCH         NCPU NSOC NCOR NTHR  LOAD  MEMTOT
MEMUSE  SWAPTO  SWAPUS
-------------------
global

[johnbot at ip-172-31-x-xx ~]$ qsub -w n sleep.sub
Unable to run job: warning: johnbot's job is not allowed to run in any
queue
Your job 319 ("johnbot-sleep") has been submitted
Exiting.
[johnbot at ip-172-31-x-xx ~]$ qdel 319
johnbot has deleted job 319
[johnbot at ip-172-31-x-xx ~]$ qsub -w e sleep.sub
Unable to run job: warning: johnbot's job is not allowed to run in any
queue
error: no suitable queues
Exiting.

I also added -w n to the sge installation directories' sge_request file
and finally ~/.sge_request as mentioned here:
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/htmlman/htmlman5/sge_request.html .
Setting other options in those two files does effect job submission as
when done manually with qsub above so they are definitely being read in.
Not sure what to try next.