[gridengine users] Filling up nodes when using gepetools

Reuti reuti at Staff.Uni-Marburg.DE
Wed Jul 29 13:09:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

> Am 29.07.2015 um 12:50 schrieb Winkler, Ursula (ursula.winkler at uni-graz.at) <ursula.winkler at uni-graz.at>:
>
>>> Node1 has 12 Cores/Slots and 1 MPI-Job with 2 Slots is running on it.
>>> A user submits job2 which require maximal 10 slots.
>>> Independently from schedule_interval, job_load_adjustments,
>>> load_formula and/or load_adjustment_decay_time parameters-settings
>>> job2 usually won't start on Node1 if
>> What about queue_sort_method?
>
> Doesn't work neither.

As long as the requested PE has $pe_slots as allocation_rule, it should be possible to use a "fill up" configuration:

https://blogs.oracle.com/sgrell/entry/grid_engine_scheduler_hacks_least

-- Reuti