[gridengine users] Filling up nodes when using gepetools

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jul 30 07:43:18 UTC 2015

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 06:12:52 +0000
"Winkler, Ursula (ursula.winkler at uni-graz.at)"
<ursula.winkler at uni-graz.at> wrote:

> [...]
$pe_slots restricts you to a single node so I'm guessing the jobs that
don't start are jobs that need more than one node.  While we don't use
gepetools we do have a JSV that rewrites people's requested PE based on
the number

What you need I think is something that routes jobs that request 1 node
to PEs with a $pe_slots allocation rule while other jobs are routed to
nodes with an allocation rule equal to the requested ppn.  In all
cases the number of slots to request should be nodes*ppn.