[gridengine users] Filling up nodes when using gepetools

Winkler, Ursula (ursula.winkler@uni-graz.at) ursula.winkler at uni-graz.at
Thu Jul 30 12:57:13 UTC 2015

> My suggestion was to modify your jsv/gepetools to force single node
> parallel jobs into PEs with $pe_slots allocation rules (which gives
> you control over where they are scheduled via queue_sort_method and
> load_formula) while sending the others to PEs with other (appropriate)
>allocation rules that won't cause (ii).

Well, I created an additional PE with alloacation_rule "$pe_slots", and built in an if condition in "pe.jsv" for all jobs which request just a single node to be assigned to this new PE. But the annoying situation didn't change. The scheduler configuration is set to "queue_sort_method    load" and "load_formula  slots". So what I'm still missing?