[gridengine users] Anyone using S-GAE reporting app with Univa grid engine?

Jesse Becker beckerje at mail.nih.gov
Mon Mar 2 16:32:55 UTC 2015


I looked at S-GAE and a few other tools.  I settled on using XDMoD.  It
was easier for me to get running.

The Univa logs are indeed different, and I had similar problems ingesting
them into XDMoD.  For UGE version <8.2.0, I believe there are two or
three 3 additional fields at the end of the accounting log.

ALSO: Versions afer 8.2.0 change the timestamp resolution!  Univa added
support for millisecond resolution.  This will probably break parsers
for, well, everything.  I'm not sure yet if there are just three more
digits, or if a decimal is in place.



On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 11:09:03AM -0500, Chris Dagdigian wrote:
>
>Hey folks,
>
>I'm a big fan of the php based S-GAE grid engine reporting tool that 
>the fine folks over at 
>http://rdlab.cs.upc.edu/index.php/en/services/s-gae.html have put 
>together
>
>However it looks like S-GAE is falling over on a cluster where we 
>recently converted from open source grid engine to the commercial 
>Univa version.
>
>Suspect Univa has new/different fields in the accounting file that 
>S-GAE's qacct.php parser can't deal with. I also suspect that they 
>have converters or tools to handle this but I figured it would also be 
>worth canvasing the user community to see of people have run into this 
>before. I'll write a new parser or converter if I have to.   Don't' 
>want to reinvent the wheel if I don't' have to ...
>
>Regards,
>Chris
>
>_______________________________________________
>users mailing list
>users at gridengine.org
>https://gridengine.org/mailman/listinfo/users

-- 
Jesse Becker (Contractor)


More information about the users mailing list