[gridengine users] Anyone using S-GAE reporting app with Univa grid engine?
beckerje at mail.nih.gov
Mon Mar 2 20:27:10 UTC 2015
One other change for UGE 8.2.x: The jobids no longer wrap at 9,999,999.
I think the new value is 2^32-1.
More info here:
On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 11:32:55AM -0500, Jesse Becker wrote:
>I looked at S-GAE and a few other tools. I settled on using XDMoD. It
>was easier for me to get running.
>The Univa logs are indeed different, and I had similar problems ingesting
>them into XDMoD. For UGE version <8.2.0, I believe there are two or
>three 3 additional fields at the end of the accounting log.
>ALSO: Versions afer 8.2.0 change the timestamp resolution! Univa added
>support for millisecond resolution. This will probably break parsers
>for, well, everything. I'm not sure yet if there are just three more
>digits, or if a decimal is in place.
>On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 11:09:03AM -0500, Chris Dagdigian wrote:
>>I'm a big fan of the php based S-GAE grid engine reporting tool that
>>the fine folks over at
>>http://rdlab.cs.upc.edu/index.php/en/services/s-gae.html have put
>>However it looks like S-GAE is falling over on a cluster where we
>>recently converted from open source grid engine to the commercial
>>Suspect Univa has new/different fields in the accounting file that
>>S-GAE's qacct.php parser can't deal with. I also suspect that they
>>have converters or tools to handle this but I figured it would also
>>be worth canvasing the user community to see of people have run into
>>this before. I'll write a new parser or converter if I have to.
>>Don't' want to reinvent the wheel if I don't' have to ...
>>users mailing list
>>users at gridengine.org
>Jesse Becker (Contractor)
>users mailing list
>users at gridengine.org
Jesse Becker (Contractor)
More information about the users