[gridengine users] Issue with epilog script on SGE 8.1.8 - epilog returning bad exit_status and blocks queues

Yuri Burmachenko yuribu at mellanox.com
Mon Mar 9 12:19:27 UTC 2015

Hallo to distinguished forum members,

I hope you can assist me.
We are in process of pilot for SGE 8.1.8.

All jobs which are submitted fail on epilog script with exit_status 1 or 2 which cause SGE queues to be put in error state.
As a debug measure we have modified the epilot script so it just echo different environment variables - it still exists with exit_status 1.

NOTE: We use both prolog and epilog scripts and both written in bash. We don't have any issues with prolog.

Any tips on how to resolve, will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.

Yuri Burmachenko | Sr. Engineer | IT | Mellanox Technologies Ltd.
Work: +972 74 7236386 | Cell +972 54 7542188 |Fax: +972 4 959 3245
Follow us on Twitter<http://twitter.com/mellanoxtech> and Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mellanox-Technologies/223164879116>