[gridengine users] Consumable configuration best practices question for hundreds of resources for specific group of nodes

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 26 11:22:05 UTC 2015

On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 09:46:44 +0000
Yuri Burmachenko <yuribu at mellanox.com> wrote:

> Hallo to distinguished forum members,
>
> I hope you can assist me.
>
> We have 4x nodes from general SGE pool (~300 nodes) that can access hardware which has 300 consumable attributes – each can be consumed no more than 1 simultaneously.
>
> Users would like to be able to submit jobs which can consume many different types of these attributes simultaneously but each no more than once. (1 in total per particular consumable attribute in cluster).
>
> We are looking for best practices configuration for SGE to be able doing the following:
This sounds like a job for  a jsv and/or resource quotas.

Not clear what you mean by attributes here.  Do the users want to request attributes or types of
attribute? ie does a host have 10 gizmos, 15 widgets, 30 doodads etc and the user can only use/request
one of each or are there really 300 varieties of resource attached to each host which the users request
individually?

--
William Hay <w.hay at ucl.ac.uk>