[gridengine users] External Scheduler

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Mar 26 13:37:24 UTC 2015

> Am 26.03.2015 um 14:07 schrieb Esztermann, Ansgar <Ansgar.Esztermann at mpibpc.mpg.de>:
>
> Hello List,
>
> with oder versions of (Sun) Grid Engine, it was possible to use an external scheduling process. Documentation seems to be scarce, but there is a how-to somewhere on the web explaining this for Maui.
>
> I have not been able to find anything regarding newer versions (say, SGE 6.2 or OGS 2011.11). In contrast to older releases, the scheduler does not run as a separate process anymore, but as a qmaster thread. Is it still possible to replace the default scheduler, though?

This was in 5.3. Later on the scheduler was integrated. There are some discussions about Maui's features:

http://arc.liv.ac.uk/pipermail/gridengine-users/2010-October/thread.html#32473

Nevertheless you could place all jobs on hold by default, attach a host-/queuelist where it may run, and release the hold for favored jobs.

-- Reuti