[gridengine users] Spooling framework failed

Michael Stauffer mgstauff at gmail.com
Tue May 5 21:08:51 UTC 2015

OGS/GE 2011.11p1 (Rocks 6.1)

Hi,

Just a bit ago I started getting errors like this for each host when
changing rqs'

error writing object "qlogin.long.q/compute-0-20.local" to spooling database

Queue instance state of "qlogin.long.q at compute-0-20.local" not modified:
Spooling framework failed

Around the same time I was downloading a new rocks roll, create a roll and
rebuilding the distro. It seems unlikely this would have interfered with
OGS, but I don't know of anything else unusual that was going on at the
same time.

I couldn't find anything via google about 'spooling framework failed', save
for the sge header files that define this error message.

I tried restarting qmaster, but things have gotten worse:

[root at chead ~]# /etc/init.d/sgemaster.chead softstop
   shutting down Grid Engine qmaster
[root at chead ~]# /etc/init.d/sgemaster.chead start
   starting sge_qmaster

sge_qmaster start problem

sge_qmaster didn't start!
[root at chead ~]# /etc/init.d/sgemaster.chead start

sge_qmaster didn't start!
This is not a qmaster host!
Check your /opt/gridengine/default/common/act_qmaster file!

Egads! Please help, I'm out of my league now. Thanks.

-M