[gridengine users] squeezing in other jobs

Michael Stauffer mgstauff at gmail.com
Thu May 14 18:22:49 UTC 2015

OGS, via Rocks 6.1

Hi,

Sometimes users have jobs running that fill they're quota, and want to
suspend one of them in order to run a different immediate job, and then
continue the suspended job. I've experimented with suspending running jobs
and submitting a new job, but the new job doesn't run. Should it? Is there
a different way to do this?

Related to this, I've seen that if the user's quota is full and also has a
number of queued jobs, the queued jobs can have a hold placed on them, and
a newly submitted job will then run once one of the running jobs has
completed. This works for some cases, but if the running jobs are long,
it's less attractive.

Thanks

-M