[gridengine users] squeezing in other jobs

Michael Stauffer mgstauff at gmail.com
Mon May 18 18:28:40 UTC 2015

A related solution to my original goal for anyone interested, is to submit
array jobs with the -tc option:

       -tc max_running_tasks
              -allow users to limit concurrent array job task  execution.
Parameter  max_run-
              ning_tasks  specifies maximum number of simultaneously
running tasks.  For exam-
              ple we have running SGE with 10 free slots. We call qsub -t
 1-100  -tc  2  job-
              script. Then only 2 tasks will be scheduled to run even when
8 slots are free.

-M