[gridengine users] grid queue in "o" state

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Wed May 20 07:20:27 UTC 2015

On Wed, 20 May 2015 06:30:53 +0000
"sudha.penmetsa at wipro.com" <sudha.penmetsa at wipro.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have removed a host from the queue, but still the host is visible in the qstat –f output and the host queue status is in “o” state.
>
> Can anyone please let me know what is “o” state and how can we clear that state
>
> test.q at host1              BIP   1/40      0.16     lx24-amd64    o
>
> there is no job running on the execution host host1.
Well grid engine thinks there is.  That's what the 1/40 means and why the queue is still around with an o(rphaned) status
(meaning the queue has been deleted but this instance is hanging around until the job finishes.  What makes you think there
aren't?
Does qstat -s r -u '*' -q test.q at host1 show any jobs?  If so either wait for them to finish or delete them and the queue
will dissapear of its own accord.

--
William Hay <w.hay at ucl.ac.uk>