[gridengine users] installing gridengine-exec noninteractive mode

Hatem Elshazly hmelshazly at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 03:42:08 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm a debian user and I'm having an odd problem that occurs when I try to
install gridengine-exec in noninteractive mode.
It all works perfectly fine when I install it using interactive mode where
I type cell and master names manually.

The error is:
error: can't find connection
error: can't get configuration from qmaster -- backgrounding

although I can ssh to the master node and from master node to this worker
node, and no such error appears when I'm installing in interactive mode.

This is the script I'm using:
echo "gridengine-common  shared/gridengineconfig boolean true" | sudo
debconf-set-selections
echo "gridengine-common shared/gridenginemaster string  master" | sudo
debconf-set-selections
echo "gridengine-common shared/gridenginecell   string  default" | sudo
debconf-set-selections
echo "gridengine-exec shared/gridengineconfig boolean false" | sudo
debconf-set-selections
echo "gridengine-exec shared/gridenginecell string default" | sudo
debconf-set-selections
echo "gridengine-exec shared/gridenginemaster string master" | sudo
debconf-set-selections

sudo DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install gridengine-common
gridengine-exec -y

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
shazly