[gridengine users] SoGE: querying the mySQL head node DB for queue definition specifics

Lane, William William.Lane at cshs.org
Fri Oct 30 20:57:31 UTC 2015

I'm still coding up a C program to intercept the SGE job status email functionality to
customise the output. What I need is the h_rt value for any particular queue on-the-fly.

Someone had mentioned that the schema of the SoGE DB might change when SoGE is
updated to a new version, but why would anyone change how or where the queue
definitions are stored?

I figure the queue definitions in SoGE are stored in the DB, but I guess they could be
stored in some type of .ini or .cfg file as well.

Does anyone have any reference material for the mySQL DB structure as it pertains to
queue definitions?

I know the DRMAA C API could probably get the data, but I think it would be easier
for me to just query the mySQL DB, because I'm already somewhat proficient with
that.

-Bill L.
IMPORTANT WARNING: This message is intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. Thank you for your cooperation.