[gridengine users] Is suspend/resume of a job possible with ge2011.11 ?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Aug 16 09:23:59 UTC 2016

Hi,

> Am 16.08.2016 um 08:50 schrieb aditi.02 at wipro.com:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to do suspend/resume of NAMD Application using following command:
> qmod -sj <jobID>   ---for Suspend
> qmod –usj <jobID>   ---for Unsuspend (resume)
> When I run qstat –u “*” command --- I can see the job is in suspended state, but in the backend it is continuously running.

What do you mean by "backend"? Despite I heard of NAMD, we never used it.

Always good is to post the process tree:

$ ps -e f

(space between -e and f, f w/o -)

of the relevant machine while you are seeing the application still executing.

BTW: why did you set SIGTSTP? The default SIGSTOP should be sufficient.

-- Reuti