[gridengine users] How to set the location of checkpoint files per user?

nico.faerber at id.unibe.ch nico.faerber at id.unibe.ch
Fri Jan 8 15:51:46 UTC 2016

Reuti, thank you for your support. I think I will leave it entirely up to
the user to provide a location for the checkpointing files within his home
directory, and use the transparent interface only to provide a signal to
initiate the checkpoint generation. Certainly, one drawback with this
approach is that SGE_CKPT_DIR will point to a location outside the user¹s
home directory where the user has no write permission. This renders the
provided env variable useless, and may only confuse the user.

Best regards,
Nico