[gridengine users] "cannot run until clean up of an previous run has finished"

Marlies Hankel m.hankel at uq.edu.au
Sun Jan 24 23:46:07 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Over the weekend something seems to have gone wrong with one of the
nodes in our cluster. We get the error:

cannot run on host "cpu-1-3.local" until clean up of an previous run has
finished

I have restarted the node but the error is still there. We are using
OGS/Grid Engine 2011.11 as implemented in ROCKS 6.1.
How can I fix the node so jobs can run on it again?

Also, does anyone know what might have caused this error to appear in
the first place?

Best wishes and thank you in advance for your help

Marlies

--

------------------

Dr. Marlies Hankel
Research Fellow, Theory and Computation Group
Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (Bldg 75)
eResearch Analyst, Research Computing Centre and Queensland Cyber Infrastructure Foundation
The University of Queensland
Qld 4072, Brisbane, Australia
Tel: +61 7 334 63996 | Fax: +61 7 334 63992 | mobile:0404262445
Email: m.hankel at uq.edu.au | www.theory-computation.uq.edu.au

Notice: If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please notify me,
and do not make any use of its contents. I do not waive any
privilege, confidentiality or copyright associated with it. Unless
stated otherwise, this e-mail represents only the views of the
Sender and not the views of The University of Queensland.