[gridengine users] nodes group

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Jan 25 19:58:19 UTC 2016

On the one hand you could specify a list of nodes and using a wildcard for the queue:

$ qsub -q "*@node01,*@node02" ...

First simplification could be to define a host group for these particular nodes (it's *not* necessary to use this hostgroup in the queue definition too).

$ qsub -q "*@@i5" ...

Far more elegant would be to use a complex, and attach this to each exechost. This could either be a boolean complex for a specific feature:

$ qconf -sc
#name               shortcut   type        relop   requestable consumable default  urgency
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sse4                 sse4        BOOL        ==      YES         NO         0        0

$ qsub -l sse4 ...

where sse4=TRUE is defined for each exechost's definition. Or a regular expression, so that several could mach several types:

$ qconf -sc
#name               shortcut   type        relop   requestable consumable default  urgency
sse                 sse        RESTRING    ==      YES         NO         NONE     0

With settings see=sse4a, sse=sse4.1 and sse4.2 attached to the exechosts complex_values line. Then one can request:

$ qsub -l "sse=sse4.?" ...

to get only the latter two. The complete documentation is in `man sge_types` section "MATCHING TYPES".

-- Reuti