[gridengine users] Accounting

Jerome Poitout network.admin at dolphin.fr
Thu Jan 28 13:54:32 UTC 2016

Dear all,

the accounting file is getting very big (17GB on my server after only
1608188 jobs...).
Is there a way to delete old jobs from this file ?
I saw the "# DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE MANUALLY!" warning so I'm asking...

My reporting params are defaults :
reporting_params             accounting=true reporting=false \
                             flush_time=00:00:15 joblog=false
sharelog=00:00:00

I have no interest to keep all the job from the very 1st one, so my goal
is to keep the last 3 months.

Optional question, what's the best way to get stats with user / waiting
time / running time?

Best regards,

Jerome