[gridengine users] Prolog and Epilog options

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Jul 4 04:08:07 UTC 2016

Hi,

Am 04.07.2016 um 00:43 schrieb Nacheva, Eva:

> I would like to ask if there is a prolog and epilog option associated with a job in sge. I read some information from 2008 that stated this option is associated with a queue only and not a single job but this is going to change for future releases. However, as this information was written in 2008, I have been wondering if this has already been changed and updated.

Without further knowledge what you refer to with "associated" I can only give a vague answer: both is true.

- A prolog/epilog is attached to a queue (or on a global level in SGE's configuration).

- This prolog/epilog will be executed before resp. after each individual job.

What behavior do you expect in detail and what behavior do you think is implemented right now? Do you want to specify a different prolog/epilog for each job during submission time?