[gridengine users] Prolog and Epilog options

Nacheva, Eva eva.nacheva at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Jul 4 13:14:47 UTC 2016

Dear Reuti,

In more detail, we are trying to use the prolog and epilog to gather information about each job and send this information to a database which is connected to a web server for easier visualisation. The whole idea of the project is to be able to run large data sets via pipeline and get information about the progress of the job. The information we need from the prolog and epilog is as follows:

- in prolog - the name of the job, the start date and time, on which node, etc. Just basic information about the job

- in epilog - if the job is successfully finished or has failed and if failed, on which step; how much memory and CPU were used by the job, what is the end date and time and how long did the job took to be finished.

However, as we are not admin of the cluster, this information has to be extracted without modifying the queue. Also, we cannot create a new queue for us only. Moreover, as we are currently using dependencies between the jobs to run the large data sets, we want to avoid adding new dependencies between every job.

We want a specific prolog/epilog for a sub set of job running a queue which is already defined by the admin.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Eva Nacheva