[gridengine users] Unable to initialize environment because of error: range_list containes no elements

Jerome Poitout network.admin at dolphin.fr
Fri May 6 07:59:24 UTC 2016

Dear all,
I get this error message when submitting lots of jobs using ICLys
program. I believe this program submits jobs using -sync option since it
is designed to increase predictability of our jobs.
Unable to initialize environment because of error: range_list containes
no elements

I'm using version: 2011.11p1 from the rocks cluster distribution.

I read this thread:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4883056/sge-qsub-fails-to-submit-jobs-in-sync-mode
and also that one:
http://gridengine.org/pipermail/users/2011-November/001822.html

but could not find a solution for my issue.

Is there any customisation I could implement to avoid these errors?

Thanks and regards,
Jérôme