[gridengine users] Defining slots in grid queue

Kevin Buckley kevin.buckley.ecs.vuw.ac.nz at gmail.com
Fri May 13 00:35:22 UTC 2016

>> I have only one host defined in a queue and want to allot 2 slots per core
>> instead of one slot per core.
>>
>> How do we need to define the slots to allocate more than 1 slot per core in
>> the queue.
>
> I think that set "slots" on the node to be 2 X number-of-cpu-cores will work.

If you are going to oversubscribe the reported core count, then do
check the queue_conf settings for

load_thresholds
suspend_thresholds

in case they prevent your second slot jobs from starting, or
force them to suspend, for example, because any

np_load_avg

values doesn't take into account the planned oversubscription.