[gridengine users] exclusive scheduling on SGE 6.2u5p2 (under openMPI 1.4.4)

Manuel Pérez Jigato manuel.perez at list.lu
Tue May 24 16:01:13 UTC 2016

hello

I am running my code on an AMD cluster (32 nodes, each with 16 cores) under
the sun grid engine scheduler, version 6.2u5p2, and alongside openMPI 1.4.4

I have realised that my calculations suffer from a huge performance loss
(even 40 times) due to other jobs running on the same nodes

I have been unable to control the actual nodes in order to make them use
the "fill-up" mode, all 16 cores must be selected in a strict manner

Previous SGE versions used to have the option "qsub -l exclusive..", but
6.2u5p2 does not.

Will you please give me a hint of how to solve my loss of performance
problem?

thanks a lot

Manuel Perez Jigato