[gridengine users] All queues dropped because of overload or full

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Wed May 25 17:25:31 UTC 2016

Something is fundamentally broken with Grid Engine.  An empty "qconf
-sql" means that SGE is unaware of *any* cluster queues -- at the very
least you should see the default all.q show up

And also this is clear via blank "qstat -f' output -- SGE simply does
not think that any compute nodes or SGE cluster queues even exist

Sad to say though that the root cause and real fix is likely via ROCKS.
SGE does not break this way naturally -- something went sideways during
the ROCKS upgrade or one of the ROCKS specific upgrade or autoinstall
scripts.

You may need to ask the ROCKS people how to force a reinstall of SGE --
anything manual that we propose on this list would likely not persist
since ROCKS likes to do a lot of automated provisioning and service
management behind the scenes.

Chris