[gridengine users] Cygwin?

Simon Matthews simon.d.matthews at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 20:06:47 UTC 2017

I think SFU is no longer supported by Microsoft.

On Oct 10, 2017 1:20 AM, "William Hay" <w.hay at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 07:46:05PM -0700, Simon Matthews wrote:
> Is it possible to build SOGE for Cygwin?
>
> SOGE says it is based on OGS which claimed that it supported Cygwin.
>
> I only need execd on Cygwin. Qmaster and the GUI tools need only run
> under CentOS 6 and 7.
>
> Simon
I don't think SoGE is (or claims to be) based on OGS although it may have
imported
the odd feature/patch from there.

According to

https://arc.liv.ac.uk/trac/SGE/ticket/1557

Changes have been made to support cygwin compile so it should build OK.
How well it works I couldn't say.
In the long run Windows "Services for Linux" may be a better target.

William