[gridengine users] running SOGE/execd on Cygwin

Simon Matthews simon.d.matthews at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 23:49:40 UTC 2017

Does anyone have any pointers on running execd on cygwin?

inst_sge -x fails, because the 'uidgid' command doesn't seem to have been built.

I can set the environment variables myself and then start the program,
but the qmaster doesn't see the execd client. I have disabled the
firewall:

$ ./CYGWIN_X86/sge_execd.exe

simon at SIMON-WIN764 ~/Gridengine/SOGE/son-of-gridengine/source
$ !ps
ps aux | grep exec
     3368       1    3368       3368  pty1       13020 16:48:24
/home/simon/Gridengine/SOGE/son-of-gridengine/source/CYGWIN_X86/sge_execd

Any help on debugging this would be most welcome.

Simon