[gridengine users] running SOGE/execd on Cygwin

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Oct 20 15:08:34 UTC 2017

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 04:49:40PM -0700, Simon Matthews wrote:
> Does anyone have any pointers on running execd on cygwin?
>
> inst_sge -x fails, because the 'uidgid' command doesn't seem to have been built.
>
> I can set the environment variables myself and then start the program,
> but the qmaster doesn't see the execd client. I have disabled the
> firewall:
>
> $ ./CYGWIN_X86/sge_execd.exe

When you say doesn't see it do you mean it is not listed or it is listed
but the host is uncontactable.  Or to put it another way:  what commands are you
using to determine that "the qmaster doesn't see the execd client"
and what is their output?

If the execd is just uncontactable by the qmaster qping might help determine
whether the execd is responding on the ports it is supposed to.  If it is then you should
check where the qmaster is looking.

William